Submitted by: Stephanie
BISCUIT TACO CASSEROLE
(Original recipe called for 1/2 lb ground beef, but I substitute beans … you can feel free to use the ground beef if you’re not looking for a vegetarian version)
- 16 oz jar medium taco sauce
- 12 oz can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced, black olives
- 8 oz beans (refried, pinto, black, etc; doesn’t matter)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
Heat oven to 400. Lightly grease 13×9 inch pan. Spread taco sauce on bottom of dish. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Place biscuit pieces in taco sauce; turn to coat. Sprinkle biscuits with 1/2 to 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the olives; mix gently. Bake at 400 F for 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly. Meanwhile, in large skillet saute beans, peppers, and mushrooms until veggies are done. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over mixture in casserole. Top with bean mixture. Bake an additional 6 minutes. Freeze before baking and then bake when serving.
NOTE: Be sure to “Like” A Frugal Simple Life on Facebook!
More Articles of Interest:
This sounds so yummy… I cant wait to try it out